Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year

To everyone out there, a very Happy New Year. The new year gives us all the opportunity to start over it seems, but I think that we should approach every day this way. Every new day we all have the chance to do things that we have ignored or things that we meant to do and never got around to do doing.....or perhaps to stop doing the things that we know we should not be doing.

On another note, I can not even believe that it is 2005. The funny thing is that one of the first things that I think about is that my 10 year high school reunion is in 2 more years. Now that makes me feel old! I wondered about why I thought about that particular aspect of my life and I think it is because my high school years were so formative in the kind of person that I am. Of course, college did that too, but I think that in high school you are in a kind of limbo. You have been going to school with pretty much the same people that you went to elemantary school with and though everyone is growing up, you don't realize it. I mean, it's like 13 years in the same kind of atmosphere, not that many variables. You are essentially coccooned from the rest of the world. But then it comes time to go to college and it kind of throws you off. Everything that you knew changes. In high school, I thought that finals week was hell. Now I would gladly trade some adult problems for a another finals week. Everyone always said to enjoy this time. They said that it wouldn't last (I'd think, whatever they don't know what they are talking about). But now I know that they were right. And I tell younger people that now, but they have heard it from countless other people that their eyes just kind of glaze over and you know they aren't listening to you. I guess it is something that they will realize after it is all over.

But I digress. I'm sure I have depressed everyone out there when all I wanted to say was Happy New Year. Sometimes I can get really long-winded.

I guess you can blame that on my high school English classes.

No comments: