Monday, February 16, 2009

I Am A Snowcone....


Yes, it's true. I am continuing with my rant about snow and winter and all things cold. I used to like the cold. I used to like the snow. Really, I did. I did not hate it as I do now. However, after moving up North, (note the capitalization, since for me it may as well be the North Pole), my tolerance has dropped like the wind chill. I could have the heat on, wearing socks and a sweater and still be shivering under my blanket....yeah, even with the blanket, I'm cold. So basically all winter long I stay cold and shivery like some old lady with brittle bones.



However, I still do love the appearance of snow. It looks so pretty falling and everything looks all soft and cozy. These pictures are from our sunroom, where it just looked fantastic and brilliant. It makes me want to curl up in my fluffy robe with hot tea and a great book. Fazal was begging to go out and play. I wasn't too keen on that idea so I told him to wait until his dad came home. I remember we used to go out and play whenever it snowed. In Oklahoma, the winters are cold, but it never seemed to snow a lot. But maybe that's because I am thinking about those winters from a kid's perspective, where the general rule is that it can never snow enough. I never seemed to feel cold then....

Ok, enough about the me and the cold and all that boringness. Here are my latest earrings on Etsy. I got inspired by those beautiful "Water Lilies" paintings by Claude Monet. So of course, I named them the Water Lilies Beaded Dangle Earrings.


Water Lilies by Claude Monet
Also, I have been trying to market and promote my jewelry to local salons and such. A lot of them already carry jewelry, but I did have a couple of appointments with salon owners last week. I found a salon in the mall that would like to consign some of my jewelry! I am pretty excited about that! Now I just need to get down to business and start making stuff!

No comments: