Friday, May 15, 2009

Cape May in Pictures

I have a lot of wonderful pictures from our recent trip down to Cape May. I thought I would do a two-part series on it, just so that I could get everything in. This post features the pictures that I took. This pic features the Emlen Physick Estate, a gorgeous Victorian mansion. Ironically, there was a craft show going on there...which we missed!


This is the old 5 & 10 store in the downtown Cape May area...things cost a little more these days!
Zahra splashing in the fountain in downtown Cape May. When I pulled her away, she immediately let me know that she was not appreciative of my interruption.


Carpenter's Square Mall that had even more cute little boutique stores. To the left, under the teal green tent is Gecko's, the Southwest cuisine restaurant that we had dinner at one night. They had a delicious tomato and basil salad and tiny cornbread muffins with jalapneno jelly. It was divine!

I took this picture on our foray into Wildwood and the boardwalk there. They have a amusement park there, Morey's Piers, and Fazal had the time of his life riding the rides. This was of the balloon ride and I love that I got it just as one of the balloon cars (or whatever they're called!) eclipsed the sun.

Fazal riding the cars at the pier! He rode this ride twice, since he wanted the racecar the second time around.













The beach at sunset. Both kids loved playing there in the sand, though it was starting to get chilly. Still the weather was beautiful!

Congress Hall, a lovely hotel in downtown Cape May. Very Victorian and elegant, I hope we stay there on our next trip!

Another lovely Victorian house, this time functioning as a bed and breakfast. The architecture was so stunning, I think I may have gone overboard with the pictures!

So that is a tiny piece of of our trip. I still want to mention the shops that I really liked, but I'll leave that for another post!

4 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

I love Cape May... I'll have to try that restaurant some day. The tiny cornbread muffins with jalapneno jelly sounds yummy!

Aisha said...

Kate you definately should! They were so good!

Georgy's Plant Strong Kitchen said...

What a nice blog and pics are great! Oh, I'm so jealous, Aisha! Our family loves McGlade's Backstreet in West Cape May--it's a little restaurant out of the beaten path--but oh so good!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog! I can remember going there as a kid many many years ago,My Dad running down the sand dunes and splitting his pants!Oh and providence town! loved it back then.So glad you shared these pictures,brings back wonderful memories....